Friday, January 11, 2013

Nacho Average Pot Roast

Forgive me. I couldn't resist the pun. Ok, lame moment over. Today's post is inspired by these amazing pot roast nachos the boy and I had in Chattanooga. I took a few liberties but I think my recipe is pretty close to the original awesomeness. 

























What You'll Need:
2-3 lb roast (beef or pork)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Chipotle seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 large bag tortilla chips
1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 sweet onion, diced 
2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
Scallions 
1/2 avocado, diced
Jalapenos (optional)
Sour cream

What to Do:
Add roast, maple syrup, seasoning, garlic and 1 cup water to your crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours until the meat starts to fall apart. Saute bell pepper and sweet onion to bring out the sweet, caramel flavor.

Layer chips on a cookie sheet and top with 1/2 of the meat and veggies. Save the rest of the roast for another meal. Liberally cover chips with cheese and bake at 350 until cheese is bubbly. Top with scallions, avocado and jalapenos. Finish with a dollop of sour cream and dig in! 

These are delicious with a Brown IPA or stout. They are also excellent for bribing your friends to let you watch football on their TV because you don't have cable. Not that I would know anything about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment