Friday, February 22, 2013

Kitchen Update

So I know it's been a while. Ok. Almost 2 weeks. But we've been kitchen-less and, let's face it, it's kinda hard to keep up a food blog without a kitchen :) We are close to being done though (yippee!) so I thought I'd share a few photos of the progress.

Here's the kitchen demolition in progress. I am sad that we got rid of the old ironing cabinet but it's going to make the space so much more functional.  We're keeping the old sink for porch parties too.


















And here's the cabinetry starting to go up and the new kitchen color. The yellow with black granite counters would not be cool. Too much like GA Tech colors. My dad would never come over if we kept the yellow. 




















Oh, and did I mention we actually have cabinets on more than one wall and around the fridge now. Who knew some wooden boxes could make a girl so happy? 
Bonus: we're getting a new laundry room. If if weren't so drafty, I'd love to keep the exposed brick. 

























I promise I'm getting back to cooking tomorrow so check back Sunday for a delish curried chicken salad recipe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment