Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Curry Chicken Salad

There's nothing like chicken by the lake on a sunny summer day. A girl can dream right? In the need of some serious comfort food, I decided to make a winter version of one of my favorite warm-weather party dishes. Add some cranberries, nuts and curry powder, and you have a spicy version fit for a cold, rainy day.

























I have to admit, I can't take all of the credit for this recipe.  My mom puts curry in a lot of her chicken dishes so this is definitely a meal that's close to my heart :)

What You'll Need:
1-2 pounds chicken
4 tablespoons mayo
Juice from 1 lemon
Curry powder
Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
Salt and red pepper
1/3 cup cranberries
1/3 cup toasted pecans

























What to Do:
Place chicken and 1/2 cup water in a crock pot overnight or until tender (about 8 hours). Shred chicken and the mayo, one tablespoon at a time until well coated (you can use more or less depending on your preference). Add lemon juice and spices. I usually use about a tablespoon of curry powder and a few teaspoons of the other spices. It doesn't hurt to taste as you go :) Toss in the cranberries and pecans and enjoy. I love this on yeasty rolls or over lettuce. 

So, how do you like your chicken salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment