Sunday, May 12, 2013

Moms and Beets


























It's a beautiful day to celebrate moms. Especially mine, who is awesome. Since my mom loves veggies, this recipe seemed appropriate. This super earthy caesar salad features a vegetable that, honestly, I'm not normally a huge fan of. But we had a similar combo the other weekend and I have to say, this makes me like beets. 

What You'll Need:
4 cups shredded kale
1 beet, julienned or shredded
4 tablespoons caesar dressing
1/2 lemon
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted

























What to Do:
Since kale can be a bit tough, massaging it first gives it a nice, silky texture. I know playing with your food is strange, but trust me, it's worth it. Toss the kale and beets with the dressing and let it sit for an hour. Before you're ready to serve, add some fresh squeezed lemon juice and top with walnuts. Season with salt and pepper if you like. This is a great side dish for steak or pork chops next time you need something a little different. Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment