Sunday, May 5, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars

I was craving something sweet. But, let's face it. With the rainy, overcast weather we've been having, I wasn't in the mood to do a whole lot. And I definitely wasn't going to the grocery store. So I raided our pantry and came up with the ingredients for these babies. Winning. 


























What You'll Need:
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 cups quick cook oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

What to Do:
Cream the peanut butter and butter with the sugars. Add the egg and vanilla. Stir in the oats and baking soda. Toss in chocolate chips. Dried cranberries and/or walnuts would be yummy too. I'll note that I used Splenda for baking and smart balance peanut butter (don't laugh, we're trying to be healthy here) so feel free to substitute what you have. 


























Press the mixture into a greased 9x9 pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Let these cool for a bit and then cut into bars. These would make a great weekday snack if you can manage to keep your hands out of them that long. Unlike my husband <cough>. 

No comments:

Post a Comment