Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spicy Cocoa Rub

I like a good steak now and then. While the boy and I try to cut back on our meat consumption, sometimes a bug hunk of cow just hits the spot. There are plenty of restaurants that cook a mean steak, but I prefer to grill them myself. Ok, so the boy grills them but I usually do the seasoning. After a bit of experimenting, I've found a spicy, smoky combo that we both really enjoy. 


























What You'll Need:
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tablespoon red pepper
1/4 tablespoon nutmeg




















What to Do:
Mix the spices together until salt is well incorporated. Brush steak with olive oil and generously coat with spice rub. The oil is key to making sure you don't end up with a gritty mouth-full so don't skip this step! Grill or pan-sear according to your preference. If steak's not your thing, this is equally tasty on pork chops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment