Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Hour: Gin + Grapefruit

I'm not a girly drink kind of girl. Too much sugar and weird colors don't do it for me. Although I do enjoy a pretty swizzle stick. Gin has been my go-to spirit if choice for some time but, let's be honest, tonic water gets a little old. So I've started adding something to make my lips pucker instead. I like to think of this as a Greyhound with a twist.

























What You'll Need 1 oz gin
.5 oz Contreau
2 oz grapefruit juice

Splash of Sprite
1 lime

What to Do Fill a high ball glass half way with ice. Stir in gin, orange liqueur and grapefruit juice. Add a splash of Sprite (a very small splash, we don't need headaches here!) and a squeeze of lime. With hot days to come, this should cool you down a bit. Cheers to summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment