Thursday, May 9, 2013

Refreshing Cucumber Mango Salad

It's starting to get hot outside. And it's about time. I know it's crazy to wish for heat because I know by July I'll be begging for cooler weather. But what can I say, I'm a southerner. So in honor of warm, sunny days to come, I've thrown together a sweet and refreshing summer salad with a spicy mexican twist. Can't cool off too much, now can we?


























What You'll Need:
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
2 small cucumbers
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice
Handful fresh cilantro, chopped
Red pepper
Salt

What to Do:
Mix together the honey and lime juice. Add a few shakes of salt and red pepper to taste. Pour over the mango and cucumber and toss with cilantro. This makes a great side dish for tacos or fish and is perfect with a margarita. 

No comments:

Post a Comment